Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Bawdy's 'Go BIG or Go Home!'
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM
San Francisco, CA
- Sexuality educator, author and artist Midori
- Gay-for-pay traveling salesman Glo Schindler
- Prototypical Big Boobied American Anti hero PiercedAngel
- Chubby Chaser & Queer Slam Poet Blythe Baldwin
- Comic & Story Producer Kay DeMartini
- Music by Tom Jonesing
Brace yerselves and hold onto the headboard, because Bawdy Storytelling- your 9 pounds of smart in a 5 pound sack - presents an evening of tall (ooh, and girthy) tales from 6 real world boundary breakers. This month’s SF Bawdy features true stories from people who sought for more, & came out on the other side so much better (and bigger) for it.
What mammoth ‘attributes’ will they be referencing in their true personal narratives? You'll have to be there* on Wednesday night to find out!
* BTW, What's your 'Go BIG' story? Put your name into the hat to tell your own 2 minute story, & take home a monster sex toy from Vixen Creations!
Tickets: $12 in Advance at
$15 at the Door
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8!
- Sexuality educator, author and artist, Midori’s made an improbable career as a traveling coach on the art of creative and sensual living. Dan Savage dubbed her “the super nova of kink”, & her classes are hilarious and practical. www.FHP-inc.com. Follow her on Facebook/Twitter: PlanetMidori
- PiercedAngel has seen the power of a fully armed and operational battle station. She would like you to know that her brother is coming with many Fremen warriors. She never has the money with her. If you throw her the idol she WILL throw you the whip. She is a Mach 1 plus attack helicopter. She has fled the Cylon tyranny. She was sentenced by a military court for a crime she didn’t commit! She is the one the legends spoke of and… she has true grit.
- Blythe Baldwin is a pervert, a writer, a poet, & a visual artist. As an outspoken & unapologetic queer she spreads a sexpositive outlook through the arts. She co-hosts The San Francisco Queer Open Mic & performs regularly in the Bay Area. Blythe's a loud and proud self professed chubby chaser, is addicted to all things curvy and likes it that way.
- By day, Glo Schindler is a consultant for Pink Spots, helping to producing a resource for the queer community in the Bay Area of LGBTQ owned and queer friendly businesses. She is a poly, sex positive Bay Area native and is busy preparing for burning man 2012 as the current co-Mayor of Camp Beaverton for Wayward Girls. Glo loves being on stage and adores being the center of attention.
- Baruch Porras-Hernandez is a performance poet and the host of The San Francisco Queer Open Mic. As a performance poet he’s performed and featured all over the bay area, New York, Washington D.C. and Canada. He regularly curates and hosts his own jam packed poetry shows in San Francisco and helps organize all sorts of literary events. He’s written 3 solo shows, the first one Reasons to Stay On the Ground premiered at The Garage as part of the National Queer Arts Festival in San Francisco, 2010. The other two First Gentleman, and It Gets Gayer have previewed at The Marsh Theatre, San Francisco’s top spot for solo performers. He is originally from Toluca, Mexico and grew up in Albany California.
- Kay DeMartini is the Producer of 'Real Stories Bay Area,' a storytelling event in Walnut Creek that's been running for the past three years. She's co-producing 'Unfiltered Stories' onAug.16 @ Awaken Cafe, Oakland with Jeff Greenwald. Kay's also hosting four Friday nights of comedy in Marin at 'HaHa August Nights'. Writer, comic, shoe ho, and favorite color is pumpkin. www.KayDeMartini.com
- Tom Jonesing is a peculiar musical contraption with a conspicuous lack of irony and an enviable wardrobe. Once a 10 piece band with backup singers and horns, today Tom Jonesing is comprised of Steffanos X, aka Tantric Tom, and Dean Mermell, sometimes known as The Tickler. They're weird, they're sexy, and they like it that way. Find them at www.tomjonesing.com
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits in 10 minutes of less. Currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Bawdy is expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com